I am a 4th Year Economics and Marketing Student. This year I’ve been Awards Convenor on the Sports Union Executive Committee, this has taught me so much about the SU and what is required of a VPSW. I have also been on the Badminton Club committee for 3 years.
Working part time in the Centre for Sport and Recreation for 2 years as a Lifeguard and Gym Attendant has given me a great insight to how sport at Strathclyde works.
I believe I have the knowledge, experience and drive to be a great VPSW.
If elected I will:
- Increase participation in both competitive and recreational sport by engaging with the relocated Jordanhill students and overseas students.
- Develop and future-proof our 45 sports clubs in terms of performance and functionality by implementing the Clubmark initiative.
- Try to grow the Glasgow Cup in terms of sports and spectators.
- Make sure healthy student living a top priority for Union campaigns.
- Seek to increase student volunteering opportunities in sport.
- Aim to achieve a higher BUCS ranking - above local rivals Glasgow.
- Get the Sports Union involved in fundraising for sports related and other local charities.
Who is RON?
RON is a democratic mechanism to allow voters to choose not to elect any of the candidates in the election. If RON wins the election, then nominations will re-open and this will give people a 2nd chance to stand for the position.
Why should you vote for RON?
You should vote RON if you feel the other candidates are not up to the job.
However if you think that only one candidate is worth your vote, then vote RON as your second choice. If there are two candidates that are worth your vote then vote RON for the third choice, and so on.
What happens if RON wins?
If RON wins the election, nominations will be re-opened for that particular position. New candidates will have the opportunity to run for the position and those that ran previously will be able to run again.
If you have any questions regarding the Elections, please get in touch with Al Wilson, Engagement & Support Manager on email@example.com