Your chance to represent Strathclyde Students' interests at a national level! Nominations are now open to be part of our delegation to NUS Scotland Conference 2012 to be held on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th March 2012 in Menzies Hotel, Irvine.
You have until nominations close at 3pm on Wednesday the 8th February to choose to stand in this election. Every affiliated Students' Association, in Scotland has the opportunity to send a certain amount of delegates along to represent their specific institution, depending on how many students they have in the membership.
The University of Strathclyde Students' Association has an entitlement of 5 students for this year's Conference.
The event itself will be an opportunity to debate policy, elect new Executive members and find out more about the campaigns being undertaken by the organisation to benefit students throughout Scotland.
The definitive information about this year's NUS Scotland Conference is available at www.nusconnect.org.uk
How do I get elected to go?
Every Strathclyde student is eligible to stand for election for the Strathclyde Delegation. If you are interested in running, you will need to:
- Download and complete a nomination form (below) which will require nominations from 10 other Strathclyde students
- Return it to Democratic Services on Level 7 of The Union
- Submit manifesto text of no more than 100 words about why people should vote for you to represent them at Conference
- Submit a digital photo of yourself (head and shoulders prefereably)
- All of this must be completed before 3pm on Wednesday the 8th of February 2012
The manifesto text and photos of all candidates will be published on this site and linked to from the ballot paper on PEGASUS. The election itself will be conducted via PEGASUS from 9am on Wednesday the 15th of February until 9am on Thursday the 16th of February when the count will take place and results published.
If you have any queries, please get in touch with Engagement & Support Manager, Al Wilson, on email@example.com