Want to work in the Union?
The University of Strathclyde Students' Association caters for a diverse student membership of approximately 16000 full-time and 8000 part-time students from over 100 countries, based at the heart of the City Centre in Glasgow.
We offer a range of opportunities and services for our members, but our main function is to provide Students at Strathclyde with representation.
- For more information about our aims and objectives, see our Constitution
- For more information about our strategic direction, see the Past Performance and Future Planning section of this site
None at the moment
None at the moment
Grade 0 (£7.45 plus holiday entitlement, currently under review)
We are looking for outgoing and enthusiastic individuals to join our PR Team. PR Team staff hours are Monday-Friday (day & evening shifts) and can be worked around other Association and study commitments where required. The position is term time only and offered on an ‘as and when required’ basis. PR experience beneficial but not essential.
All applicants should:
- Have a lively personality
- Be good team players
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a good eye for detail
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
• Ensuring that USSA buildings, University campus and Halls of Residence are kept consistently updated with USSA publicity and external advertising material where required.
• Gathering information and opinion from USSA customers and providing feedback to the Communications Dept.
• Ensuring posters and flyers are displayed in accordance with the PR Policy.
• Removing and reporting of on-campus competitors’ PR activity.
• Undertaking any other marketing-related duties within the department as required.
If you wish to be considered for the above position please email your CV and include a brief paragraph stating why you think you would be suited to the role to Craig Packer at email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 1st August 2014. Internal applicants welcome.
CV & Careers Advice
Almost ready to graduate? Not sure which way to turn? Head to the Careers Service at the University, they can help you with the next steps. Need to make yourself more employable? Have you thought about volunteering? Check out the opportunities available here too!